Friday 2 May 2008

New Cermic Buttons


This is my first attempt at making ceramic buttons. I'm trying to make primitive themed buttons-sheep, crows, folk art cats etc. This was my first design. I also have made the same one in black. I haven't had a chance to test out their durability but they look really cute and just what I wanted as far as the theme goes.
As you know from reading this blog, I have been making hand painted wooden buttons but these will now allow me to go into a new direction. I have to many ideas and will be selling these on E-bay for anyone that wants to use them in their primitive style crafts. At this point I have to sell them as decorative because I haven't tested them and I think it's very important to let people know what they're buying. I can't wait to get these posted later tonight or tomorrow and see what the response is.
Making ceramic buttons is harder than I thought it would be. I have to learn to paint with a completely new type of material, and too be honest, the kiln still scares me. Sp much heat being generated it's frightening.
Hopefully you'll see my progression in ceramics through this site. I'm not giving up my painted buttons and I also love glass. Maybe I should try and settle on one style but I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head I find it difficult to settle on just one thing.

No comments: