Friday 1 April 2011

Handmade Buttons - Ceramic Dragonfly Buttons


Well after a wet snow yesterday it seems as if spring might actually be starting to peak her head out. It is supposed to be a warm weekend and I'm looking forward to a day spent with hubby. We are going to the trendy downtown area where we live and will spend the day wandering around bead stores, art supply stores and the fashion district. What a good husband he is to spend the day doing all these wonderful things with me. In celebration of spring I thought I'd post a picture of my newest ceramic dragonfly buttons. I'm teaching myself the ceramic button process and with some bumps and bruises along the way things are starting to come together. I've got lots to learn and I'm also experimenting with some big ideas of my own. Sometimes I think not having formal training in an art is a good thing. That way you aren't afraid to think outside the box because you don't really know what being "in the box" means as you don't know the formal rules. Now don't get me wrong I've been reading up on the process and I've been working with fused glass for a while so I know my way around a kiln. Some of my earlier glazing processes weren't what I had hoped for so I'm really pleased that the last few sets of buttons have been something I'm very pleased with. I guess I can only improve with time. I hope you enjoy these buttons http://www.etsy.com/listing/71298072/handmade-buttons-dragonfly-buttons-2. I have some custom orders to complete of my resin buttons this weekend but I hope to experiment with my ceramics a bit more as well. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: