Tuesday 19 April 2011

Bird Sihouettes (Handmade Buttons)


I have an unexpected day or two off from my day job. The bad news is that I had to take a couple of vacation days because my fairly new (5 year old) house has sprung a leak in the roof so I have to be home for the roofers to come and make the repair. Unfortunately they didn't come today so I will have to stay home tomorrow as well as they say they may come then. I'm not happy about having to fix the roof but I am pleased we will be getting it fixed shortly. Because I had to be home I have a couple of extra days this week to work on my buttons so I'm making the most of this opportunity. I made these beautiful bright bird silhouette buttons http://www.etsy.com/listing/72481060/bird-silhouette-buttons-6-handmade that I absolutely love. I originally thought I'd use these images just for the silhouette and make some screens to screen print on clay which I've been experimenting with lately. When I saw them though they were so bright and cheerful and quite lovely in their simplicity that I decided to make them in my usual resin buttons. Having the extra day off from my day job today I was able to make some silk screens and I do plan to try screen printing them on clay in some of these bright colours/colors much like they are here. Having this extra day gave me the time to get the screens ready so that when I'm ready to work with the ceramic I will have the screens ready. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will be taking the day off as well and hopefully the roofers will come and I can continue to work on some more beautiful buttons. I guess this is what they say is "making lemonade out of lemons". Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone - the Easter long weekend will be here shortly and hopefully you will have an extra day or two to do something enjoyable for yourself as well.

No comments: