Saturday 23 April 2011

Handmade Buttons. Art Quilt Embellishment-Blue Bird.


I just love the EXTRA LARGE ceramic bluebird buttons I just added to my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/72770409/ceramic-handmade-button-blue-bird. These are extremely large for a button and measure approximately 4 1/2" or 8.5 cm. Although these are too large to use to use on items that need to be opened and closed through a button hole I thought they would be a perfect embellishment for a home decor item such as a cushion or pillow or better yet - wouldn't they look wonderful on an art quilt. I am sure that there would be endless possibility for large buttons such as these. I just love the bright colours/colors and how the orange and yellow blend together. I'm not sure if I'll do more larger buttons but I am happy with how this experiment turned out. How would you use such a large button?






No comments: