Sunday 22 January 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail - Handmade Easter Buttons

As I was starting to write this post that old song started going through my head "Here comes Peter Cottontail.  Hopping down the bunny trail.  Hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way."  Okay so I probably didn't get the lyrics just right but you get the idea.  Wasn't Christmas just a few days ago?  Now we're thinking about Easter (skipping right over Valentine's Day).  Wow how the time flies.  Well I am pleased to be on the downside of winter.  I do like spring and although so far (knocking on wood) we've hardly had any snow here this winter, I really don't like the cold and snow.  So working on these bright Easter buttons and other spring buttons http://www.etsy.com/listing/90887760/easter-buttons-6-handmade-buttons-easter is a nice change from the snowmen and Christmas themed projects I was working on just a few short weeks ago.  I guess I'm also feeling a bit rushed because in a couple of weeks I'm heading off to somewhere warm for a few days on vacation.  I can't wait.  I will tell you a little secret though.  I do feel a twinge of guilt not being available to my button shop all the time.  I'll still have Internet access but won't be able to mail anything out.  How crazy is that?  Part of the reason this year as well is that unlike last year the button sales slowed up a bit after the holidays.  That didn't happen last January and when it did this year I began to wonder if this would be the new "normal".  Well I've had another good weekend and have lots of packages ready to go in the mail tomorrow.  That's the way of small business you never know when business will be up or when it will be down.  Someone it the Etsy forums the other day said it was just the ebb and flow of business.  They also said they liked the flow and not the ebb.  I agree!  Happy sales all!

No comments: