Monday 9 January 2012

Fresh New Week

Here are my packages from the weekend all ready to get going.  You will notice I've blocked out the addresses so I'm not publishing my customer's addresses.  That wouldn't be a good thing :)  I have the day off from my day job but I have to get dressed and out to mail these off.  Normally I mail them on my way to work but I'll have to make a special trip out today.  That's probably a good thing because I haven't really left the house all weekend.  I've been focusing on my buttons.  As I said in my post yesterday I had taken a bit of a break so it was a bit hard to get back into the swing of things.  I guess it's sort of like my diet - I've had a few more treats than normal over the Christmas holidays so need to get back to more healthy eating. 

It's just a month until I go on my vacation so I had better get into bathing suit shape (or at least as close to it as I can).  So for now I'll get off the computer for a bit and head out to mail my items.  Then back to the buttons and a hopefully productive day.  I do believe it's true that the harder you work the more success you are likely to have.  I slowed down a bit in December and my sales slowed as well.  That isn't entirely surprising when you're selling supplies (buttons in my case) as anyone that was using them to make holiday gifts would have needed them before the holiday.  One thing that is surprising me though is that my jewelry www.outspokenjewelry.com is doing so well.  Jewelry is such a saturated category on Etsy and everywhere so I wasn't expecting much but sales are starting to pick up.  I've opened up a whole new niche form my buttons.  People that sew can buy them at www.buttonsbyrobin.com but anyone who just likes the designs and wants some fun and affordable jewelry can buy the finished jewelry.  It's a win win for everyone!  Okay now I really do need to get ready and get those packages mailed!

No comments: