Monday 18 May 2009

Happy Victoria Day Canada!

It was a wonderful long Victoria Day weekend here in Canada. The weather wasn't hot hot but it was sunny and warm (if you wore a light sweater). I can't complain-it was a long weekend after all. I didn't partake in any holiday festivities such as watching fireworks but I did head out to the garden centre with my husband and I bought a few pots of flowers to put in some metal urns I have on my front step. They look bright and cheerful and it's much better than last year where I didn't even get around to doing that much. I'm realistic enough to know I'm not much of a gardener so I'm hopeful that these will add a splash of colour to the front of my house and that I'll remember to water them.

I did manage to do more of what I like best-making buttons! I've pictured some of my latest bird buttons here. These were made with an immage I purchased from Piddix on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=46139. I've been following the blog that Piddix writes and through that I've found out she's recently turned her crafting/artistic creations into her full time job. It's not easy by the sounds of it but she is very talented and I'm sure she'll do well. I'd love to turn my art into a full time job (wouldn't all of us who create) but I have no idea how that would happen. I could never make enough buttons to support that. I've been watching the moving "The Secret" lately and it says that you just have to believe, truly believe and it will happen. You don't have to know the "how" of how it will happen. The universe will take care of the how. I guess I just have to get to the point where I truly believe in myself. I guess belief in oneself is a big stumbling block for many of us. We are usually our own worst enemy or biggest critics. I guess I'll just keep working on that.

Anyway hope you all had a wonderful weekend and if you didn't get a long weekend like those of us in Canada did, I hope you had a great Monday back at work or doing your usual Monday activities.

No comments: