Monday 14 October 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Canada.



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada.  It's nice that we get to celebrate Thanksgiving early in the year.  It's a nice way to get the fall/winter holidays started.  It's actually a beautiful day here in Ontario.  We've been having some great weather for this time of year.  Although I won't be having a huge family celebration this year it's still a very nice time of year to think of family and be thankful for everything that I have.  Most important of course is my family.  I'm thankful for my son and husband.  I'm also very very thankful that I had the wonderful parents that I had.  Sadly I do miss them but I am so thankful that I had them for the years I did.  I'm also very thankful for my extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins and such.  I don't see them very often but with Facebook at least I'm able to keep up with what they're doing. 
 
I'm also taking this opportunity of a day off to start working on turning my bedroom office/studio into a real studio for my buttons. Things are very much out of control with boxes of supplies here, there and everywhere!  I really need to get organized.  It's a bit overwhelming though as I don't really know where to begin.  I think if I just devote a small amount of time each day it will get there.  I'm also going to think about investing in some better storage.  Perhaps some cupboards with door that close and shut the mess away.  Right now I have open shelving (not to mention the overflow on the floor) and into the basement and garage :)  I keep seeing all these lovely studios in magazines and think how great that would be.  I do think it's going to take a fairly large financial investment to get the proper storage but in the end it will be much better and I won't have to be embarrassed should anyone accidentally see my studio :)
 
Well before I get to that I have to get to the day to day work of preparing for the work week.  That means getting food prepared so we can have our work lunches ready and waiting so we don't have to prepare them each day.  Also my husband has asked for peanut butter skorr toffee bit cookies. I'll try and remember to post the recipie later (although you can just use your favourite peanut butter cookie recipie and add a package of skorr toffee bits). So I have a bit of work to do.  I've packaged up the two sales I had from overnight and all the packages are ready for mailing tomorrow.  I've got to send someone some pictures for approval so I can get to work on her order and I also have to finish up the finishing touches on some custom buttons that are almost ready to go.  Busy busy.  Well I guess I'd better stop writing and get to work.
 
Have a great day everyone.

No comments: