Sunday 16 September 2012

Balance

I've been thinking a lot about how to achieve some balance in my life.  Everything seems so busy between work, family, and my Etsy stores.  There never seems to be enough time in the day.  During the work week I'm usually so exhausted after the day job it's all I can do to get any button purchases packaged up and ready to go.  I don't know how people do it.  I don't even have small children any more.  I really want to do it all! 

Today I took the time to make some homemade ice cream.  It's vanilla (from our Mexican trip) with a whole chocolate mousse chocolate bar added in just for fun.  I also made some pear jam - which looks like it will be better as an ice cream topping :)  I've been trying to master jam making all summer but can't seem to get it to thicken enough to be a jam consistency.  Oh well - I have some very yummy ice cream toppings so even my mistakes aren't too disheartening.  I am determined to figure out this jam thing!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: