Thursday 5 May 2011

Goldilocks and Three Bears Handmade Buttons



I was very excited to finally come across these images of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I've been wanting to make these buttons for a while http://www.etsy.com/listing/73511523/fairy-tale-handmade-buttons-goldilocks but wasn't able to find the images I wanted. I know I could actually draw them myself but I haven't quite mastered the art of graphic design. I'm slowly learning and did manage to make an image I'm going to be making into buttons later today but the unveiling of that will have to wait. For now I've used these images (with permission of the artists Glazed Mud). I am very thankful that she has allowed me to use these adorable images and I hope you like them as well.


Well I'm also nearing the end of my week off from my day job and as I mentioned I know I'd never be able to make enough product to be able to support myself financially so I'm very thankful to have a pretty good day job to support me. For now I'll have to concentrate on the buttons as a very nice side supporting business. I do have dreams of owning property in Costa Rica (after our last trip there in February 2011) so perhaps I'll make some goals of expanding the business with this dream in mind. Who knows one can dream and it's a great incentive to get those buttons going.


I'm also having lots of fun this week watching some videos from www.ifiredarts.com and am learning lots about different ceramic techniques.


For the next little bit I have to get some more resin buttons made and then I'm hoping to play with ceramics this afternoon. I am bound and determined to make these ceramic buttons a hit. It's been an uphill battle so far and I haven't quite found my niche but I need to make them unique and different from all the other wonderful handmade ceramic buttons out there. I'll keep experimenting and plodding and along and we'll see how it goes. I also want to expand a bit into ceramic beads and use some of the wonderful techniques I've learned over the last few weeks. And let's not forget my love of fused glass! So many ideas and so little time or so it seems.


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

No comments: