Saturday 19 February 2011

Heading Home and So Excited!

I've had a wonderful time in Costa Rica and will be starting the trek home in about an hour. I am so excited to be heading home (yes even to the snow!) This has been a fantastic vacation and I love Costa Rica and will be back another time for sure.

I'm excited to get home first to my son and family but I'm also looking forward to getting back to my handmade buttons. I plan to use the time on the plane to organize my custom orders and plan a strategy for moving forward with the projects I have been dreaming of this week. My new supplies arrived while I was away so I need to go to the post office to pick them up and then I can move forward full speed.

I want to incorporate some more artisan buttons into my line - ceramics and glass in particular and perhaps even get back to some handpainted wooden buttons. We'll see. I do know I have to make a concerted effort to launch these as they take a lot more time and planning than the resin/acrylic buttons not to mention several stages of creating. I do think they're worth it though.

I also haven't forgotten that I reallly want to work on my sewing skills this year and while I've been away I have also decided I want to incorporate more of my original art into my buttons. That means I have to improve my graphic design skills. All of this has to happen while I'm working at my day job. I will have a couple full days before I head back to work and then next weekend I have another three day weekend coming up. There never seems to be enough time in the day though for all my ideas.

Anyway I am back and energized and ready to get back to handmade buttons!

No comments: