Monday 9 June 2008

Skeleton Key Pendant


I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want out of my creative endeavours. I think that, like so many others, I would love to be able to actually make a living doing this and be able to give up my day job. The reality is that that is not going to happen at this point. It would be very difficult since I actually have a fairly good job and it would be hard to replace the income with my creations. Having said that I honestly don't put in as much time as I could. My day job leaves me tired in the evenings but if I really want to move this forward then I need to invest more time. I do spend a lot of time on the weekends creating but that simply isn't enough. I've decided I'm going to try and put more time in this during the week days. I don't expect to be able to quit my day job any time in the near future but I want to at least create and sell enough items to at least allow me to buy my supplies without dipping into my day job income. I've said that before but I think I'll put in some effort during the week and see what transpires. Having said that I've been working on some really interesting pendants this weekend. I really like these. They're made with a real vintage skeleton key and the heart face cabochons I made and showed here the other day. I'm having a lot of fun making these altered art type of pendants. Hopefully I will have more to list using the items I pictured in my last post.

No comments: