Tuesday 14 October 2014

Cabin Decorating

I found this adorable soap dish at my local Winners store.  I think this will look adorable in my cabin.  It's now inspired me to make some soap dish accessories for my shop.  I won't be making an exact copy - that's not nice :) but it has inspired me to think about making some cabin accessories.  I think this soap dish would need something underneath to catch to drips but I'll think about that in a bit. 

We haven't even taken possession of the cabin yet and I'm not sure where this will go.  I don't even know if there is a ledge on the bathroom sink but I'm sure I'll find somewhere for it to go.  I have some old handles like the one shown here so maybe I'll incorporate them in some way.  I'm not sure what I plan to use for a base.  I'm inclined to use wood but I don't think that would stand up to water and soap so I may have to give that some thought.  Maybe I can use a wooden frame and some mesh for the bottom.  I'll be sure to post my ideas here so you can take a look.  If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

No comments: