Friday 18 November 2011

Christmas Owl Handmade Buttons

I just love this colour combination of red and turquoise.  This is an unusual colour combination for Christmas but I think it looks great.  These buttons are listed in my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/86498051/christmas-buttons-christmas-owl-handmade.  The Christmas rush has started and I have been busy in my shop at Buttons By Robin.  I have tons of ideas for my ceramic buttons but am having a hard time keeping up with my resin button orders.  That’s not a bad problem to have though J . I do know things will slow down a bit shortly as I’m in Canada so I only have another week or so before orders that are mailed out won’t be delivered in time for Christmas.




I do have a few days off from my day job right now so I’m going to take full advantage of it. I’ll spend some time with my husband but will hopefully get a lot of work done. We are planning a vacation to some warmer climate in February (not sure of the destination just yet) so I’ll do a bit of exploring about that as well. It is just such a pleasure to be able to sleep in a bit and enjoy a couple of leisurely cups of coffee in the morning before starting my day. When I have to go to my day job it’s up and out of the house at lightning speed and there just never seems to be enough time in the day. When I get home from work it’s pretty much all I can do to package up any orders that I get. I have no creative energy left after working all day as a policy analyst. It’s not a very creative job. It’s actually pretty structured and well “analytical” but I don’t have the energy left at night to do more with my Buttons By Robin. I always have such big plans and then exhaustion sets in J We’ll see how the next few days pan out while a have a vacation from work. I’m looking forward to it. How do you cope with keeping up the energy after your day job ends to find a bit of that creative spark that is within you?

No comments: