Tuesday 29 December 2009

New Handmade Wooden Cardinal Buttons


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and/or happy holiday if you don't celebrate Christmas. Chances are you've had a few days off whatever you celebrate and hopefully you've been able to share that time with family and friends and just do some plain old simple relaxing. My Christmas was quiet but nice. We just went out with my husbands parents for Christmas dinner and the rest of the time I pretty much stayed in the house and caught up on some of my favourite craft shows and worked on my own crafts/artwork. I made a really pretty fused glass and sterling silver ring which I'll happily be keeping for myself. I don't have a picture with me right now but perhaps I'll post one later. It's not perfect but I still think it's beautiful.
I did manage to post a few of my newest buttons in my Etsy shop www.buttonsbyrobin.com. I've made these wooden buttons before but since they're much more labour intensive than my resin buttons I haven't made any for a while. I do think that they will appeal to people who would prefer not to use plastic/resin in their creations. The buttons pictured here are some of my latest and can be found here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37367988. If the link doesn't work that means they've sold and that will be a good thing for me.
On boxing day my husband and I went out he bought me a light box so I can "hopefully" take beautiful pictures for my Etsy shop. I'm still learning but I've taken a few pictures and they're definitely brighter and I've even had a few sales after a fairly slow period so maybe it's the pictures that are helping. It could also be that people are finished Christmas shopping for others and are now spending a bit of money on treating themselves. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
I'm back at work for a few more days before the New Years and hopefully it will be quiet. At lunch I'm off to buy some sterling so I'll have some more to play with during my long weekend coming up for New Years. Wouldn't it be nice to have these nice long weekends every weekend?

No comments: